"If I am quiet, you had better come find me." Signed, A Child

Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, July 21, 2008

Grandma Audrey

This morning my Grandma had a stroke. For those of you who have read my blog in the past know my Grandma also has colon cancer and has been going through treatment. The stroke this morning was so unexpected to all of us. Craig, Preston and I went to the cities to be with all my family. There were so many of us there we filled the whole waiting room. My Grandma could only take a few visitors at a time so we had to make rounds going in to see her. She is paralyzed on her left side and only responds with a few words. When I was in there she held my hand so tightly and then put it up to her and kissed it. Baby Audrey started kicking like crazy when I was in there and I was able to put my Grandma's hand on my belly for her to feel her. She knew we were all there and even in her hardest times is so sweet and caring like always. Please pray God does a miracle and that she won't have to suffer. My only fear is that she won't be around for our baby girl's birth in 7 weeks. She may be even slipping as I am writing this.

2 comments:

tammy barthen said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I will say a prayer for her and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

JordanandSue said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm sure it meant a lot to her to have you all there. I wasn't able to be with my Grandma before she passed away in April, and I wish I could have just hugged her again. I'll pray that God strengthens you guys- and perhaps even allows her to see baby Audrey in a few weeks!