"If I am quiet, you had better come find me." Signed, A Child

Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Really, I am ok


I wrote this poem of my Grandma after we left their house on New Year's Day. This picture was taken last year at Christmas before she was diagnosed with cancer.



Really, I am ok!

Tears flooded my eyes as I watched them play

Really I am ok, she began to say.

But Grandma I love you and I am not feeling that way

We will be ok, please hear what I say.

She asked would like to see

But please no tears for me.

I looked up at her head where hair once was

And I couldn't take my eyes off how beautiful she was.

As tears flooded my eyes once more

She said I'll be with Jesus forevermore.

When by her Saviour one day she will be

I will remember what she would say to me

Don't cry for me, for really, I am ok.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful Shelley. What a perfect picture.

Anonymous said...

That poem is really great. I can tell it comes from your heart. All we can do is pray that things go well and let God do his work.

Anonymous said...

Always keep these words. Some of us know we don't have many years left and some of those years may be hard physically.
We know we have a loving God waiting for us and we know when someone writes such words for us we will be remembered here on Earth.
She must be a wonderful grandmother.
Betty G

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I wish you all knew my Grandmother. She is the most amazing godly woman there ever could be. She is the perfect example of a Titus 2 woman.