Today at church we had Preston dedicated to the Lord. As Baptist's we don't believe in infant baptisim, so we have a day that we go in front of the church and let family members, friends, and church members know that it is our desire to raise Preston to honor and serve the Lord. Here is what we had read in front of the church: Preston is truly our dream come true. He is our bouncy little boy that has brought more joy to our hearts than we ever could have imagined. His toothless smiles are priceless.
Before Preston was even born we gave him over to God. As parents we have a great responsibility to raise him up to follow Christ. We can already see in him his tender heart. We watch how he studies people and things and pray that he will study God’s word. As he seeks to always know where we are all the time, we pray that he will seek after God.
Our hope and prayer is that Preston can know the Lord and serve and glorify Him in all that he does. The Lord has given us so much in Preston and we pray that Preston can be a testimony to win others to the Lord. Our scripture for Preston is Psalms 86:11&12 which says “Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore.
Before Preston was even born we gave him over to God. As parents we have a great responsibility to raise him up to follow Christ. We can already see in him his tender heart. We watch how he studies people and things and pray that he will study God’s word. As he seeks to always know where we are all the time, we pray that he will seek after God.
Our hope and prayer is that Preston can know the Lord and serve and glorify Him in all that he does. The Lord has given us so much in Preston and we pray that Preston can be a testimony to win others to the Lord. Our scripture for Preston is Psalms 86:11&12 which says “Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore.
We have also included a picture of my brother and his wife with their little baby Andrew.
It ment a lot to us to have this day to share with family and friends.
3 comments:
I don't know why but this brought tears to my eyes. It's awesome that you guys did this.
(And you look great!)
Dont worry Shanna, I ALWAYS cry:)
Even though Grandma & I don't make to many comments we do check out your blog quite often and we enjoy being able to keep up with your family and friends by the pictures...Grandma & Grandpa B from Mn...
Post a Comment