Preston the last couple of weeks has been screaming before he goes to bed and will wake up several times a night doing the same thing. He has been screaming for me and says "I need you Mommy, don't go. He has been waking us all up. After trying several different dispipline acts that weren't working, I came up with a solution..........hopefully. This is what I have been doing... I have him lay in his bed while I am feeding Audrey in the rocker in his room and I say I will stay in there as long as his eyes stay closed. I remind him that when I see him sleeping I am going to leave and I say "if you think you need me in the middle of the night, I have a blanket on the floor for you that you can come and sleep on". But I also say that he is to come in quietly and can't say a word, cry or scream. So far this has been working and last night he lasted in his room until 5:30.
Has anyone else had problems with their toddler sleeping and if so what have you done?
3 comments:
yikes. con is still in a crib, so he stays put in the night. sorry, i have no advise. :(
Oh boy Shelley... Carter gets out of his bed EVERY night and comes in our room and gets in our bed. We read him a book every night and then we lay with him for a few minutes which usually we fall asleep and then we sneak out and then anywhere from midnight on he will come running down the hall and sleep with us. He has gotten into a bad habit and I wish we would have made him go back to his own bed no I do not know what to do. The blanket on the floor in your room is what I have hear from alot of people to do. You are doing the right thing soon he will get tired of sleeping on the floor and stay in his own bed. Good Luck to you.
one of my friends, that has a 3 year old son, does this. she gives him some sort of ticket and he gets one a night. if he wants to get up for any reason, he has to turn over the ticket (like, he needs water, a story, hug, whatever). once that one ticket is used, he has to stay in his room for the rest of the night. he has a light on a timer, and has to stay in his room till the timer light goes off at like 7 am.
Post a Comment